Yesterday, we hiked in Acadia, shopped for the weekend groceries and did a few chores around the house. Today, we anticipated having a lazy day. Well, how one describes a "lazy day" is different for everyone!
Spike seems to have it down to a fine science!
I got up this morning and immediately made a list of things I really wanted to accomplish today. Some things simply had to be done like watering the plants and yard, but others were things that I personally, needed to have done to feel as though I had not wasted my day.
- Wash and hang 2 loads of laundry out to dry (it's a great day - sunshine and breezy)
- Bake Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Bread (dying bananas in the fruit bowl)
- Water lawn (.04 of an inch of rain last night did not cut it)
- Paint the pickle jars in the garage
- Water and fertilize the barrels at the top of the drive
- Finish the socks I had begun knitting earlier in the week
- Check airline prices for a visit to H's Mom (yikes! really expensive, will check again later)
- Cook brown rice for later in the week
I'm happy to report, that with the exception of painting the pickle jars, I have crossed everything off my list! So much for having a lazy day!
Yum! The banana blueberry oatmeal bread is delish! Between that and the brown rice, the house smells wonderful!
The laundry is dry, folded, and put away - well, almost.
The socks are finished and very comfy!
The Mandevilla vine is looking great! Too bad I'll have to cut it back and bring it in the house soon.
Why is it that all the flowers are at their very best for such a short time?The fountain plantings are so full right now. I will bring the rosemary in before any really hard freezes. They are pretty good up to about 28 degrees.
And, so much for my lazy day! Life is good.
2 months ago