Thursday, October 09, 2008

Photo Class Field Trip

Last Sunday, our digital photography class went out on a field trip. The assignment was to try to use our manual settings for our photographs, and look for interesting lighting, color, etc. One of our class mates lives in a small fishing village and arranged for us to cross some private property to get to the beach area where we found lots to photograph. We had a ball jumping from one rock to the next, looking into tidal pools for unusual things to shoot.


On our way to the beach, we found lots of colorful things to shoot.

This mountain ash shrub had beautiful red berries.

I loved the rusticity of these weathered wooden fences.

Looking through the dried grasses at a small cove



I loved the texture and color of the various mushrooms we found along the path to the beach.


I managed to catch the footprints in the sand before the group went tromping through them.

Posted by Picasa
This black tidal pool reflected the dead spruces near the beach.
This was one of my favorite shots of the day!


This lobster trap probably washed ashore during a storm......


...... but it was smooth sailing for this boat.


On the way back to our starting point, I found several interesting things to shoot, as well.


A truly exciting afternoon for all of us, discovering new areas and opening our minds to new and wonderful things to photograph.

Life is Good Looking Through the Lens

Hugs, Giddy

3 comments:

Kerri said...

That sounds like lots of fun, Giddy. You took some wonderful photos, and found plenty of great subjects. I love your pebbles :)
I haven't had much time for playing with the camera these past few weeks, but tomorrow will be my last day in kindergarten class I've been subbing in, so I'll get a few days break. I need to plant bulbs! This working every day is for the birds!

Diana LaMarre said...

I bet you will have a ton of fun as well as learn a lot from that class. You have already taken some great shots!

I always like to have something in the foreground (like those grasses). I think it makes for a much more interesting picture.

I would love to take a class like that someday.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Giddy .. I am so jealous of you girl : )
That was a wonderful experience and all of your pictures are beautiful. I spent some time on the east coast as a child .. right on the coast, Louisbourg N.S. and I still have a lobster trap from there as well. I love that sea .. so fresh and cold and clean ? .. Hard to say now a days right ; )
Awesome day with awesome pictures !