Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Tomorrow is Halloween, and as the sun sets in the west, and the heavens burn a fiery red, the goblins, witches, jack o'lanterns and black cats will be restless.


Little Sluggo is a bit put out because he's not all black like his big brother, Spike......

Realizing that he's the star of the day, Spike takes all this holiday attention in stride!


Photography class is progressing nicely. We are being challenged to see normal objects in a different light and to view them from other angles. In addition, we observe color, light and texture.


These are a couple of knitted hats I made recently....

The texture and pattern in this scarf intrigued me.



I call this shot "a yoga moment". I was down on the floor doing a yoga exercise when I looked up and saw the half moon shining through the half moon window above me. I had to stop what I was doing, run get the camera and get this shot before the moon drifted away.

Life looks pretty good through the lens!

Hugs, Giddy

2 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Giddy ... what a great little post with the boys (I can't play favs .. both Sluggo and Spike are gorgeous !) .. Halloween and seeing things differently once you fall in love with photography .. you do exactly as I do .. tiny moments that feel like huge opportunities to catch something unusual in a picture .. it doesn't have to intrigue anyone else .. because, it just fascinates US ! : )

Kerri said...

You truly have some of the most glorious sunsets I've ever seen! The colors are so concentrated!
Pictures of the handsome boys are always much appreciated :)
You've been doing some neat stitches, and the colors are lovely!
Wow to the half moon pic!! I know just what you mean by those photo ops. Gotta stop and grab the moment :)
I love this one!!