Tuesday, November 27, 2007

She's Back!

My cold has finally passed and I'm slowly beginning to feel myself again. I swear, the older I get, the more difficult it is to get over these things!

Anyway, I've been sorely neglecting my gardening chores due to this virus and today, I finally got out to do a few quick things before the bitter cold sets in later this week. I usually have my barrel planters decorated for the winter long before this, but I just got around to it today. Good thing, too, as the temperatures are forecast to drop into the 20's and I don't think I'd be able to get anything stuck into the frozen soil. Soooo, off I went into the woods to cut a bunch of spruce, cedar and juniper boughs to stick into the barrels. I also pruned the red twig dogwood and gold leaf cypress to add a bit of color.


This is the wreath I purchased last January for 75% off. I do dearly love a bargain!


The basket of light on the front porch greets any visitors.


The window box on the fence greets visitors , as well.


The snowman is actually a bird feeder.

It wouldn't be Christmas without Mom's ceramic tree!

The little, white one on the counter was made by Mom , as well.


This hawk was our Thanksgiving day visitor.

And so ends another very busy day. The sunset shining through the glass doors caste such a beautiful, warm glow throughout the living room and kitchen.


Sluggo has nestled himself into the recliner with me and dares for the snow to begin. Hah! He doesn't have to get out and shovel the deck!

5 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

I am so glad you are finally feeling better, Giddy.

And you said you had no decorating talent???? Everything looks great! I love planters filled with greens during the winter. I had plans to do the same at work, but never got around to it.

That snowman bird feeder is so cute. I vaguely remember seeing him??? Was it a gift for H from someone last year or am I just dreaming that?

Giddy said...

Thanks for your kind comments, Zoey. I can't hold a candle to your beautiful trees and decorating. You have a real eye and talent for it. Yes, the snowman reappeared from last year. I just think he's soooo cute.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better. Your place looks very festive. I particularly liked the warm glow kithen photo. It just looks so cozy and inviting.

Anonymous said...

Looks good, Giddy!
I have a little ceramic tree like yours. A friend made mine about 25 years ago.

Sandy

Kerri said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better Giddy. Me too. Oh yes, the older we get, the harder they seem to hit! But they can't keep a good dog down right? :)
I love those outdoor decorations, and your cute snowman gives just the right final touch. He's adorable :)
One of the best things about Christmas is getting out the 'memories'. Love your little Christmas trees.
Lucky you to have your hawk visitor!
It's so generous of Sluggo to share the recliner with you :)
Your photos are wonderful!