Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Fun Quizzes

You Belong in 1951

You're fun loving, romantic, and more than a little innocent. See you at the drive in!


Zoey, at Perennial Passion had a cute quiz on her blog this morning. As you can see from above, I am stuck way back in time! LOL

Late yesterday afternoon, H looked out the glass doors and said, "There's a whole flock of birds at the feeder and I don't know what they are". I looked out as well, and darned if knew what they were either. So, I got out the trusty camera and shot a few pics so I could go back to my bird book and identify them.

Turns out they were Evening Grosbeaks! They had beautiful plumage in vibrant colors of gold, black and white. Unfortunately, I had to take the photos through the glass and the light was waning, so I apologize for the poor quality. What a thrill it was to have these feathered friends at our feeder, even though they just ate and left without so much as a "fare thee well"! I hope they come back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We used to see them all the time up in the border woods in Jackman. I love them. We have even seen a couple down here.

Hope you have a great thanksgiving, and that your cold is better!

Kerri said...

You're just an old-fashioned girl Giddy :)
Ross and I had a similar experience with Evening Grosbeaks one morning 2 weeks ago. We get rose breasted grosbeaks sometimes, but haven't seen the Evenings much at all. We got out the bird book to make sure we had their identity right. Their visit was a real treat, but like yours they 'ate and flew' and sadly haven't been seen since. I hope you see your visitors again.
Also hope you're feeling better by now. I'm happy to report that I am (yah!), and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving day with the kids and a couple of their friends. Hope yours was a blessed day too.

Anonymous said...

Well now I'm jealous! Evening grosbeaks haven't been seen in NJ for years and years, but there are scattered sightings this year. A few stopped by in our trees but they never came down to the feeders - yet. Enjoy them while you can - they may not be back next year.